THE PTA MISSION:
– To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children;
– To assist parents in developing the skills that they need to raise, protect, and prepare their children;
– To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this state.
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE PTA:
– To promote the welfare of children and youth in the home, school community, and place of worship;
– To raise the standards of home life;
– To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth;
– To bring into closer relation the home and the school that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth;
– To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
MORE INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE AT:
Buckhorn Elementary PTA Website: http://www.buckhornpta.com
Florida PTA Website: http://www.floridapta.org
National PTA Website: http://www.pta.org