Volunteering is fun & exciting but most of all, rewarding on so many levels!
Thank you to all the volunteers at Buckhorn Elementary. We would not be a successful PTA without your help and support! And thank you in advance to all parents & family memebers for reaching out to find out more about how you can help!
Buckhorn Elementary takes pride in consistently achieving high education standards, providing a safe and rich learning environment, and having a strong volunteer base within our community. Without our volunteers, Buckhorn wouldn’t be the same! Your time and talents, no matter how much or how little, make a difference in our school!
10 Reasons to Volunteer:
- Volunteers allow our teachers to stay focused in the classroom.
- Our children feel proud and happy to see their family members at school, and research indicates that involved families produce higher achieving student performance.
- Role Model! Buckhorn Bears grow up having a strong altruistic attitude by observing you volunteer.
- Volunteers have fun and love seeing their students in the school environment.
- Thousands of studies have proven that volunteering makes people happy and reduces stress. It is a very rewarding way to spend your extra time.
- Helps build your resume. We can match your interest and abilities to further enhance your life experience all while helping your school.
- Volunteering brings our learning community together, promotes networking and pride.
- Make friends! We all have a common bond, we care about creating the best possible educational experience for our children.
- You will have a chance to learn the innerworkings of our school.
- OUR children need you! Schools are asked now to do “more with less” and your contribution helps this happen!
New volunteers please stop by the front office and complete the online SERVE Form along with a copy of your driver’s license for approval. This is a requirement for all volunteers prior to entering the school for volunteer duty.
The following list includes just a few of the wonderful opportunities to be involved with your student(s) school
- Media Center
- Homeroom Parent
- Box Tops Volunteer
- Fall Dinner Dance
- Donations & Fundraising Assistance
- Picture Day Volunteer
- Field Day Volunteer
- Classroom Activities
- Lunchroom Volunteer
- Spring Carnival Volunteer
- Runners Club
If you would like to be contacted by one of our Volunteer Coordinators, Melissa Riley or Danielle Santiago, please fill out the contact form below.
Returning volunteers must also complete a new YES Form annually for each school at which you volunteer. Please click on the link below to apply through the HCSD website.
All volunteers must go first to the front office and check-in on the computer for the 2018-2019 school year. You will be required to present your driver’s license when you sign in to volunteer each time. A name tag will be issued. Then you may proceed to your volunteer assignment.
**Log Your Hours
Please don’t forget to log all hours you volunteer for the school or the PTA. You can log your own hours in the front office at the volunteer check-in computer. This includes hours worked at home or at school.