Volunteering is fun & exciting but most of all, rewarding on so many levels!
Thank you to all the volunteers at Buckhorn Elementary. We would not be a successful PTA without your help and support! And thank you in advance to all parents & family memebers for reaching out to find out more about how you can help!
Buckhorn Elementary takes pride in consistently achieving high education standards, providing a safe and rich learning environment, and having a strong volunteer base within our community. Without our volunteers, Buckhorn wouldn’t be the same! Your time and talents, no matter how much or how little, make a difference in our school!
10 Reasons to Volunteer:
- Volunteers allow our teachers to stay focused in the classroom.
- Our children feel proud and happy to see their family members at school, and research indicates that involved families produce higher achieving student performance.
- Role Model! Buckhorn Bears grow up having a strong altruistic attitude by observing you volunteer.
- Volunteers have fun and love seeing their students in the school environment.
- Thousands of studies have proven that volunteering makes people happy and reduces stress. It is a very rewarding way to spend your extra time.
- Helps build your resume. We can match your interest and abilities to further enhance your life experience all while helping your school.
- Volunteering brings our learning community together, promotes networking and pride.
- Make friends! We all have a common bond, we care about creating the best possible educational experience for our children.
- You will have a chance to learn the innerworkings of our school.
- OUR children need you! Schools are asked now to do “more with less” and your contribution helps this happen!
Please click here to complete an online volunteer application (click the green “apply” button on the left side of the webpage).
Please note: An application is MADATORY for ALL volunteers and should be completed a minimum of 14 days prior to your first volunteer assignment.
Prior to your first assignment please contact the school to inquire about the approval of your application.
Once your application is approved you will sign-in and present your drivers license in the front office prior each volunteer assignment.
The following list includes just a few of the wonderful opportunities to be involved with your student(s) school
- Media Center
- Homeroom Parent
- Box Tops Volunteer
- Spring Dinner Dance
- Donations & Fundraising Assistance
- Picture Day Volunteer
- Field Day Volunteer
- Classroom Activities
- Lunchroom Volunteer
- Fall Carnival Volunteer
- Runners Club
- Color Run
If you wish to contact a Volunteer Coordinator please click their name: Melissa Riley (K-2) or Danielle Santiago (3-5)
Returning volunteers must complete a Volunteer Application renewal every year for each school at which you wish to volunteer.
All volunteers must go first to the front office and check-in on the computer for the 2019-2020 school year. You will be required to present your driver’s license when you sign in to volunteer each time. A name tag will be issued. Then you may proceed to your volunteer assignment.
Log Your Hours
Please don’t forget to log all hours you volunteer for the school or the PTA. You can log your own hours in the front office at the volunteer check-in computer. This includes hours worked at home or at school.